Some Things New, Some Things Sold!

I've been a rather busy bunny these days and the list of custom orders is only getting longer. It's absolutely great and inspiring with the only negative being that my personal ideas get pushed to the back burner. I try to steal time at night to work on new ideas or simpler pieces but sometimes I can't help it and need a day or so off from orders to expand my inventory. So I took the time and made some super cool Mario themed goodies which are all available on my Etsy store.


The 1-Up Mushroom I made a few months back and have been wanting to make more ever since. Just last week (or so, I don't keep track of time too well) I made the Bee Mushroom from Super Mario Galaxy and was starting a Spring Mushroom when I realized the gray I used was too dark. Luckily though the color was perfect for a Metal Mushroom so I just changed gears a little and was able to create another cool Mario item. The final Mario goody I knocked out before having to get back to my orders was this way too cool Yoshi Egg key chain. I was thinking it would be an awesome idea to make Yoshi Eggs in different colors as Christmas Tree Ornaments. So that's another project for the back burner. It's also a good late night project since it's pretty simple to put together, even if I just spend an hour making a pile of spots for future use!


This week I've had to make two trips to the post office because I had two new purchases on Etsy! The first purchase was a Carrot Hair Clip that went to Arkansas and the second purchase was for my Leeloo Amigurumi Doll (that I miss so much already) which is on her way to Texas. I made the Leeloo doll almost a year and a half ago and she was the first doll I made which inspired my zombie gurls collection. I've been wanting to make another one so now that she's gone I guess it's time. I was thinking about making her more compact like a classic amigurumi doll but before I get around to that I've got to make a Devil Boy Skateboarder for my friend's brother's birthday.




I also wrote wrote a new hat pattern which I need to photograph and get posted! Since the hat is made from "V-stitches" I decided a name starting with a "V" was the way to go so I'm going to call it the "Veruca". It's another slouchy style hat that has a little bit of a moody feeling about it so that's why I went with "Veruca". Lucky though, I wrote the pattern out as I was making it so there won't be any guess work making it again. I've got a two hat order to fulfill and of course I lost one of the patterns so I'll be stitch counting later today on the model of it to figure out what I did. I know it uses a combination of a variation to the "V-stitch" but I'm not too sure what hook size I used. Currently I have seven hat patterns available, with only one of them coming from a pattern so it's always exciting to invent something new!

Living, learning, and making more stuff!

xoxox Bunnies!

No comments: